1.4 out of
5, based on 28 ratings and 84 reviews & complaints.
Most Popular | Newest |
More Options >
More filter options:
Washer/Dryer Horror Story
Posted by James on
DENVER, CO. / MARATHON, FL, FLORIDA -- Bought a new GE washer and dryer from Marathon, Florida store to be delivered to my daughter in Denver, Colorado. The Marathon store set up everything to be delivered to her in Colorado the following Saturday. The delivery company was rough with the appliances jerking them back and forth in the truck. It was snowing at the time and they left the washer out in the snow while they brought in the dryer and hooked it up. They were unfriendly and very unprofessional. They hurried the installation because they had many deliveries that day but did mention to my daughter to talk to Home Depot to get a new machine because the one they had for them was dented in several places, then they hurried off. When they did the first load of wash the machine leaked all over the floor on the spin cycle flooding the new tile floor. My son in law called the delivery to come and get the machine because it was defective not to mention the possible damage to the tile floor. They said they were not coming back and it was basically their problem because they accepted the delivery. He said you told us it was damaged after it was installed and to talk to Home Depot. The Home Depot in Colorado said they can't do anything and it would have to be taken care of from the Marathon store. Really? I thought all Home Depots were the same and they would stand behind it. Because they "accepted" the delivery Home Depot was willing to send out a repairman and give us 25.00 off the machine because it was dented and damaged. Not acceptable, I didn't buy scratch and dented machines, I bought new ones. I wanted a replacement washer and the issue would be resolved and the customer would be happy. Of course this turned into a fiasco because Home Depot wanted to just repair the washer, then GE needed to send a technician out to determine the problem then it had to go back to Home Depot to deal with me on what they were going to do so it goes on and on and my daughter can't do laundry because of all the hurdles and red tape dealing with Home Depot and GE. It could have been so simple and easy to resolve making their customer happy and glad they chose Home Depot for their purchase. Also they gave us a 48 hour hot line to call if anything goes wrong within 48 hours and they would send someone out immediately to take care of any problems but when we called it they wouldn't come out and do anything. So here we sit with a broken brand new GE washer and nno one wants to do the right thing and simply replace it with what I was supposed to get for my money. This is terrible and consumers should beware of these practices. I don't know where this is going to go and if eventually I have to take them to court but I'm standing on principal here and enough is enough. I simply want what I paid for and we're getting the royal run around.
Was this review helpful?YesNo
Read 11 RepliesAdd reply
User Replies: Close commentsAdd reply
Theft by Home Depot Delivery Staff
Posted by Dave on
MELBOURNE, FLORIDA -- After getting a requested consultation visit from Home Depot's sales associate, on Nov 19 my wife purchased new kitchen appliances, granite counter tops and plumbing work for the kitchen and two baths. She was really excited to get a new kitchen in our small Melbourne, FL home. On Nov 27 we had appliances delivered from the $8,511 purchase at Home Depot in Melbourne. When I arrived home from work three hours later, I went to my den as I always do to take off my wedding band and put it in my leather watch case - the case is about the size of a fat loaf of bread.
I was shocked when I opened the case and found the top level of three watches missing. I called for my wife Sandra and her jaw dropped. We knew what had happened. No one else had been in the house that day. The den is right around the corner 8' away from the kitchen. It was the Home Depot delivery guys. I sat down at my desk and opened the center drawer. An iPhone and a thin digital camera were missing. We checked for her iPad that had been on the kitchen counter. It was gone. Subsequently I have found that another watch from a drawer by the doorway was also taken. Nothing else is missing other than our confidence in Home Depot.
Apparently Home Depot outsources delivery. In this case Home Depot has an arrangement with Ralph's Delivery but Ralph's Delivery outsourced the work again to CMJS. Two sketchy guys handled the delivery. Sandra was at the house although on her hands and knees cleaning behind stove and refrigerator, moving stuff so the microwave could be installed, and making sure our two Golden Retrievers didn't bother the 'Home Depot' delivery guys. One of them made a quick snatch and grab visit to my den while she was not paying attention. Now she feels badly that it happened under her nose and we both are just really disappointed that a big deal Christmas present for us both has cost us so much. We both feel violated.
The delivery guys, of course, denied the theft and the Sheriff's office has been unable to tie the theft to the two guys. We still have finger print dust in the den (leather doesn't take prints).
Three of the stolen watches were valuable. The three police reports document the case but not the disappointment. The Home Depot store manager knows about this but didn't reach out. The delivery people turned it over to their insurance company who said it wasn't a loss, it was a theft and the staff denied the allegation.
My homeowners policy doesn't cover valuables like this. Typically I am chary about offering unsolicited advice. I'll make an exception here because I am pissed. Were I faced with this problem and the CEO of Home Depot, I would do a few things: yell at the store manager, change the three level deep no accountability delivery process, and make it right with the customer. NONE of that happened. Buyers beware - Home Depot delivery contractors steal!
Was this review helpful?YesNo
Read 9 RepliesAdd reply
User Replies: Close commentsAdd reply
All We Wanted Was a Refrigerator
Posted by Andrea on
GAITHERSBURG, MARYLAND -- We purchased a refrigerator from Home Depot. We have an existing refrigerator with an ice maker. The installation requirements with our order stated that we have to have a water shut-off valve (for the water line going to the ice maker) within 6 feet of the point of entry on the refrigerator. Our water valve is under our sink and 4'10" away from the point of entry on the refrigerator.
Installers (Town Air Freight, a subcontractor of Home Depot) show up and refuse to install new refrigerator because we do not have a water valve DIRECTLY BEHIND the refrigerator. The installer insists that "Maryland law" requires the valve be directly behind the refrigerator. He also says that he cannot touch our water shut-off valve because it is under our sink. He refuses to install the new refrigerator or give me time to call the store and clarify their policy. He leaves with our new refrigerator, but enters it in the system as "delivered."
We repack all our food into our existing refrigerator and begin one of the most frustrating customer service experiences of our lives.
We call Home Depot and they say that the installer should have installed the refrigerator because we meet the requirements (shut off valve less than 6 feet away). Everyone from Home Depot that we speak with (store manager, appliance department manager, corporate office) insist that our set-up meets the requirements for installation, even if the valve is under the sink.
After multiple calls to the installer, it is finally clarified that the issue isn't a state law, but rather that Home Depot only sells kits that have a 6 foot-long hose to connect to the water valve. Because the line needs to have slack, this isn't sufficient when the distance is more than one or two feet.
I end up on a four-way call with Home Depot's corporate office, GE (the appliance distributor), and the installer (Town Air Freight). The installer says that they cannot use anything other than the kit sold by Home Depot because of a CONTRACT ISSUE between them and Home Depot. Yes, we were stuck in this mess because of a poorly-written contract between Home Depot and their subcontractor. Corporate and GE try to see if the installer will make an exception and use another line (not from the kit Home Depot sells, but just a regular old line with more length). The installer refuses, and keeps citing this "contract issue."
After many wasted hours waiting for installers, on the phone with Home Depot, and taking multiple phone calls from installers and subcontractors that work for Home Depot, it is clear that this refrigerator is not going to get installed. We request a refund and ask that someone send confirmation (via email) that a refund is being issued.
One day later and we have yet to receive confirmation of any refund. A refund has not been processed to our credit card. So, Home Depot still has our $1200 and our new refrigerator. We have nothing.
Was this review helpful?YesNo
Read 1 RepliesAdd reply
User Replies: Close commentsAdd reply
I'll NEVER Shop at Home Depot Again!
Posted by Donna on
TAUNTON, MASSACHUSETTS -- Last month I purchased a dishwasher through them and asked TWICE if I needed a plumber for the installation and was told both times no. I purchased the necessary items for the hook up. It was replacing my old one which was installed when I built my home in 1992. I also informed them the old one was built in under the cabinet.
A delivery date was set for Thurs then they called and said they couldn't do it then after I took time off from work losing $300. OK, we'll go along with the new day of today (Sat) The guy shows up and says he can't hook it up and I need a Plumber!! He then leaves with my dishwasher and tells me to make an appt with Home Depot for a plumber!!!
I call Home Depot and ask for a refund as I'll go elsewhere since now this run around is too much to swallow. They inform me they can't refund my money as the card I purchased it on was canceled this past Monday due to fraudulent charges. They want to charge e another $155 PLUS the cost of a permit for them to install it.
This run around is now going on for almost 3 weeks and I still have no dishwasher or refund. They want to drop it off Weds and just leave it in my foyer leaving me with the dishwasher and nobody to remove the old one which was supposed to be removed for free by them.
I was planning in redoing kitchen by them and now they made it so I'll take my business elsewhere, thank you very much!
Home Depot SUX and I will NEVER give them my business again. Just to note, I also took today off for this delivery which has me losing $600 for a $300 dishwasher I don't even have!!!
What's the bets they screw up the delivery next Weds?????
Was this review helpful?YesNo
Read 7 RepliesAdd reply
User Replies: Close commentsAdd reply
Updated - Poor service for online purchase
Posted by OscarAndPenelope on
My condo neighbors all have the same washer/dryer set (other sizes do not fit into the laundry closet) so I purchased mine online when I moved in, since there was a special online sale. I had the washer/dryer set delivered this past Saturday (July 25) and on Sunday we did our first load. I sat in front of the machine the entire time to make sure it worked fine. Everything looked okay until it got to the rinse cycle, when the machine vibrated violently when it was on short spin. I immediately tried to call both Home Depot and GE and learned they are not open on Sundays.
On Monday (July 27), GE said maybe the delivery man did not remove the shipping bolts. So Home Depot delivery came again on Wednesday (July 29) and showed me he had installed the machines properly, and said probably it came damaged and recommended exchange. He and I both tried to call Home Depot, but I was on the phone waiting for over 30 minutes and nobody answered, even though we called at 9PM eastern time (supposedly they close at 10PM). Then I spent an hour this morning trying to get either Home Depot or GE to take care of it. Home Depot refused exchange and put all responsibility on GE, and the "manager" who called me back sounded like a high school student from the choice of words she used (lots of "yeah" instead of "yes", among other things). GE said they have to take a look first before replacement and next available service appointment is 7 days away!!! I mean if I live in middle of nowhere like I used to, I would understand, but now I live in city of Los Angeles, 7 days to wait and take off another day from work next week for something I paid $1500 for?! Plus if they determine they can't fix it on the spot, that means another delay and another day off work to get replacement. They can't possibly think I broke the machine even though we didn't even complete one cycle on it. Don't they have faster options for people who just received the machine less than 24 hours ago?! I don't understand why Home Depot is not helping me even though they are the ones who took my money.
I would not recommend shopping on homedepot.com, and I should've followed my friend's advice to purchase major appliances from a local, small, family-owned store instead.
Feeling more outraged about how Home Depot has handled the situation so far, I called Home Depot again on July 30, Thursday afternoon, this time to request return of the items, instead of repair or replacement. However after waiting 25 minutes on the phone, I received an automated message stating that they were experiencing high volume of calls and asking me to leave my name, phone number, and order number (and that they would call me back before the end of business day), and I did. I also emailed Home Depot (from website form) twice times so far, once Thursday and once the day before, and had not received any call backs.
1) On Friday, July 31, 2009, 5;38 AM, I phoned Home Depot Major Appliance Related Issues and Questions, 800-455-3869, I was connected after about 4 minutes wait, I spoke to Tracy. I was informed by Tracy that on their computer system, it shows Norma at Ladera Heights store #1061 has already been informed of exchange for the set.
2) On July 31, 2009, 6:09 AM, I phoned Ladera Heights store #1061, and asked for Norma in Appliances. I was informed by Virginia, a store employee, that Norma would come into the store at 8 AM.
3) On July 31, 2009, 8:01 AM, I phoned Ladera Heights #1061 store, and spoke to a man and asked for Norma. After being put on hold for 3 minutes, I was informed that Norma had the day off. Then I was transferred to Special Orders, and spoke to Lori. Lori said she is not familiar how to do this, so she will have to get manager to okay it. I asked her who is the manager of the store, and Lori said that there is no manager at the location, as the manager had other stuff to do. Lori promised manager will phone back before noon today. I also informed Lori that I want the broken set out of my home this weekend, as we had just moved, and this has been going on a week. Lori told me that usually they have customer contact GE. But I informed Lori, since the washer/dryer set arrived broken, I just want a replacement, not waiting for repair.
4) Only July 31, 2009, 12:40 PM, I received a phone call from Tamera (Baton Rouge area code) regarding my question about an online order. I asked if she has read my case and she said yes. She asked me how she could help me, and I told her that we had tried to call Ladera Heights store #1061 this morning but got the run around and nobody returned my phone call when they said they would before noon, so I do not want to deal with Home Depot anymore and that I want a return and refund. She said that would be fine. She asked me if I want to return the washer or both washer and dryer, and I told her I want to return everything because I do not want to deal with Home Depot anymore. She then asked me if she could put me on short hold so she could speak to my local Home Depot store (Ladera Heights), and I said yes. I waited 5 minutes and had to hang up.
5) About 20 minutes later, I received a phone call (I did not get the person's name or phone number), returning my call above with Tamera, I told her that I am in a meeting at work and asked her if I could call her back. She said she is just calling to tell me that they are still trying to get in touch with the Ladera Heights store #1061 and would call me back in 20 minutes. I told her that is fine.
6) On July 31, 2009, 1:22 PM, I phoned Ladera Heights #1061 store, asked to speak to Special Orders, I was connected to Lori again. I asked her if she had called me back because I had not received any calls. Lori said, "I told you we are coming to pick up tomorrow." I asked when, and Lori said, "They will contact you in the morning”, and then hanged up on me. I did not get to ask any more questions or speak to her further.
7) On July 31, 2009, 1:27 PM, I phoned Home Depot Atlanta office and spoke to Lisa, regarding the return of an item because of the rude attitude I received. Lisa said she is trying to phone Ladera Heights store #1061 to speak to the store manager, but was not able to. She obtained my contact information and told me she would return my phone call. She said she would have to speak to the store manager regarding this matter. When I hanged up the phone it was 1:43 PM.
8) On July 31, 2009, 2:17 PM (5:17 PM Eastern Time), I phoned Home Depot Atlanta number asking for Lisa. Lisa was not able to answer phone, so I left message asking her to return my call, since it has been 30 minutes.
9) On July 31, 2009, at 2:45 PM, I phoned Home Depot number 800-754-0688, and spoke to Cornelia. I informed Cornelia the whole situation, we tried to do 3-way calling with Ladera Heights, but no one picked up the phone. Cornelia said she would call me back regarding this matter. I also found out that the Ladera Heights’ store manager is named Cynthia. I was on hold with Cornelia for 33 minutes while waiting for Ladera Heights to pick up. I also received Home Depot Online Services number 800-430-3376 in order to make sure I will receive a full refund. I called and waited 8 minutes and 43 seconds for someone to pick up from Online Services.
10) On July 31, 2009 around 3:30 PM, I did not receive call back from woman in 5), so I called Tamera’s phone number again, and I was connected me to a woman, who informed me that she is in the plumbing department, but when I asked to speak to Tamera, she transferred me. I told Tamera my name and told her I had talked to her earlier about returning...(she cut me off) and she said yes. I told her that I had spoken to Lisa at the Atlanta office, who said she would call me back but never did, and I did try to call Lisa back at her extension but she did not pick up the phone so I had to leave a message, and still no call back and that it is past 6 PM in Atlanta. Tamera asked me to hold while she tried to call Lisa and the Ladera Heights store. She had me on hold for two minutes, then returned and said she spoke to Cynthia at the Ladera Heights store and confirms that they would pick up tomorrow morning. She said that she got the run around with the Ladera Heights store too, so she can understand my frustration. She also told me that she had tried to contact Lisa, but was not able to get hold of her. I also told her that I want to confirm that this is not an exchange, but a return. She said the computer shows that this is a return. I then told her that I want to confirm that I will get the full refund, and she said the computer shows that this will be a full refund.
11) On July 31, 2009, 3:30 PM, I received a call from Emily (Atlanta area code) and she told me that Cynthia at the Ladera Heights store told her that the store had already called me to schedule a pick-up. I did NOT receive any phone calls from the Ladera Heights store about pick-up, but before I was able to tell Emily this, she interrupted me and told me they understand that my need to know a time frame, and that the pick up for the washer is scheduled for between 12 and 1 PM, and that the store will call me after 9 AM. I said to her "washer AND dryer". She told me the computer shows only the washer will be picked up. I told her that I want to return both the washer and dryer. She told me that because the dryer was not damaged, they will not pick up the dryer. I told her that but Tamera said I could return everything. Emily said this is not their policy, because the dryer was not damaged. She said she has Tamera on the other line, and I said okay. Emily put us on three-way calling, Tamera said she asked me if I want to return the washer or both the washer and dryer and I told her that I want to return both. I told Emily, that is what I said (to Emily) before. Emily said but Tamera never said I could return both. And I told Emily that, but when I told Tamera that I want to return both, Tamera did not say I cannot do that either. Emily said she is sorry that I was not informed but I still cannot return the dryer because it was not damaged. Emily then went on to say that I have been calling all over Home Depot about this case and now a lot of people are dealing with this. I told her of course I am calling all over because the defective washer I received and that I could not even do one cycle on it. Emily again interrupted me before I was able to finish my sentence and said that "I already know your story, but it stops with me and goes no further." She went on to tell me again that they will come to pick up the washer tomorrow between 12 and 1 PM, maybe a little earlier. I interrupted her and asked her, "a little earlier?" She said yes they cannot get the exact time, so they will call me tomorrow morning to confirm. I then ASKED her, "You said they will call at 9 AM?"; she said, "Now you are putting words in my mouth, I said after 9 AM, because if I had said at 9 AM then you would expect the call at 9 AM and not at 9:05 or 9:10." She then asked me if I have any more questions and I told her not right now.
12) On July 31, 2009, 3:36 PM, I phoned Home Depot Atlanta office and spoke to Leah, all I asked for was Emily's direct contact number. I was put on hold for 24 minutes and 55 seconds to be connected to Emily.
13) On July 31, 2009, around 4 PM, I received phone call from Leah (Atlanta area code) and she told me that she is calling back because we had gotten cut off when she was trying to find the number for me. She said she will try to connect me with Emily and put me on hold. She returned a minute later and said Emily is not available right now because she is “in the queue” but she (Leah) will try to help me. Leah said that tomorrow morning, the ASM, the assistant store manager, Melinda, should call me at 9 AM to confirm the pick-up time. She asked me if I want to return the dryer too, if that is the other thing I called to talk to Emily about, and I said I would like to. She then asked me if she could put me on hold. I did not answer her question but told her that, Emily told me that Cynthia told her that Cynthia had called me already to tell me about the pick-up for tomorrow and also to schedule the pick-up, but I have NEVER received any phone call about scheduling pick up (we were only told by the corporate office about when they will pick-up tomorrow, but nobody consulted us about the pick-up time). Leah asked, “So they never called you?” and then again asked to put me on hold. When she returned, she told me that I would have to call the online appliance phone number about returning the dryer, and she gave me the number 800-430-3376. She also gave me Emily's full name, and her own extension number. When I asked her Emily's extension number, Leah asked me to put me on hold again. She then returned and told me Emily's extension number. I told her that I looked up that phone number for online appliance that she just gave me, and that I have already called that number twice today but nobody answered the phone and was not even able to leave a message. Leah told me that number is the same one they themselves have to call regarding online purchases, so I should keep trying. I told her I will try again.
14) On July 31, 2009, 4:09 AM, I phoned Online Services again, 800-4303376, was on hold 16 minutes waiting for someone to answer. No one answered, but I was able to leave a message. I was told by the message system, someone will return by phone call before the end of business today.
15) On August 1, 2009, 6:06 AM, I phoned Online Services 800-430-3376, after 25 minutes of wait time, I spoke to Oonarissa. I informed Oonarissa the only reason I do not want the set anymore is the attitude I received from the Ladera Heights #1061 store, as they are too difficult to deal with, and I cannot risk the dryer broken and having to do the same thing all over again. Oonarissa phoned Ladera Heights #1061, and spoke to manager Alex, and informed him of the situation. I was informed that as long as I can return the dryer to the Home Depot store, then I can get full refund. I asked what I needed to show, Oonarissa said she would send me an invoice letter through email, which can then be used for full refund at the Home Depot store. Oonarissa also informed me that the washer will be picked up by GE, not Home Depot, and GE will take the washer directly to their warehouse, thus the reason why the dryer must be returned to the Home Depot store. I finished speaking to Oonarissa at 6:45 AM.
16) On August 1, 2009, at 9:12 AM, I received phone call from Nancy at the Ladera Heights store, and she told me that she is calling to set up time to pick up. I asked her when they are coming, she said they are leaving now, would that be okay, and I told her yes that would be fine. She also informed me Anthony and Nick are the ones who will be coming over.
17) On August 1, 2009, at 9:45 AM, I received phone call from a man who said they are at the door. I told him that we are coming down to open the door for him.
18) On August 1, 2009, at 9:50 AM, I received phone call from man in12) again and he said there is nobody meeting him at the front door and he asked me for my apartment number. I told him that my mom went downstairs to open door for him already but I will go down to see what is wrong.
19) I went downstairs and did not seeing anybody either. So I called the man back and I asked him where he is. I told him that was my billing address. He asked for my residential address and for directions to get there.
I waited for Anthony and Nick outside and they arrived within 10 minutes. They parked the pick-up truck with Home Depot logo across the street. Anthony walked over to me first. He had a Home Depot orange apron on, with his name written on it. He was wondering about the address mix-up and I told him that the billing address was not even the delivery address one week ago. He did not understand why he was given the billing address to pick up either. Nick joined us a couple minutes later with the appliance dolly. Nick was also wearing an orange Home Depot apron.
As we were riding in the elevator to get to second floor, Anthony asked me what is wrong with the fridge. I told him, what fridge, I never bought a fridge from Home Depot. He said he was told he was coming to pick up a fridge and did not understand the discrepancy. I told him that I am returning the washer and dryer. Anthony and Nick walked with me to the bedroom hallway where the washer and dryer were located. They first attempted to push the stacked unit toward themselves. I was standing a few feet away and warned them that the dryer is connected to gas pipe. Anthony took a peek to the side of the stacked unit and said it is and they stopped pushing for a moment. Then they started pushing again and was able to slide the unit down the raised floor (of the laundry closet), I heard wood cracking sound but thought that it would be easy to replace the wood lip in front of the laundry closet. I also saw the dryer scraped the side of the closet wall but there was nothing we could do because the unit was tilting halfway down already. Anthony then tried to disconnect the various connections. He was able to pull the power plugs and took off the dryer exhaust pipe easily, but he said he needed tools to take off the rest and he did not bring any. He asked me if I had any, and I told him I have a small box of tools that I can show him, but I do not know how to use them. He picked out the wrench from the box and was about to take off the gas connection. I immediately asked, “Doesn't the gas need to be turned off first?” He said yes and then turned around to turn the switch on the gas pipe to off position. Then he continued to try to take the gas connection off, but said the wrench was just a little too small to fit. He asked me if I have pliers or a bigger wrench. I told him I would go look more. In the mean time, he took off the water connections. My mom went downstairs to bring up a tool box that was in my car trunk that had some tools, and I showed Anthony the pliers and he said that might work, and he was able to take off the gas connection with it.
Anthony and Nick got the unit onto the carpeted floor and put it onto the appliance dolly and wheeled it down the hallway and into the elevator. While we were in the elevator, Anthony told me he will come back to do paint touch up of the wall, but he needs to get the paint color. I told him that I still have some of the paint that the seller left, but I told him he does not have to come back to paint. He asked me if I am sure, and I told him yes. Anthony and Nick wheeled the dolly and washer/dryer out of the condo building. When we were at the curb, Anthony went to drive the pick-up truck from across the street to in front of the condo building garage, then he and Nick slid the dolly (with washer/dryer on top) up into the pick-up truck and laid it down on its back and tied it with a rope.
Anthony asked me if they are going to send me another set of washer and dryer, and I told him that I am not buying from Home Depot again because we spent over five hours yesterday on the phone trying to get this problem fixed, and that even though I had great experience with Home Depot when I was living in the South, I do not know what happened here in Los Angeles. Anthony asked me where I purchased the washer/dryer, and I told him I did it online, and Anthony said to come to the store next time and ask for him and he will help me. Anthony also had me sign an invoice that looked like what Oonarissa had emailed me earlier this morning. Anthony said to just sign anywhere on the paper. I put on the paper "Pickup washer and dryer. Refused paint touch up."
When I returned to my condo unit and took a look at the laundry closet again, there were several paint scraps on the sides of the laundry closet, but they are very easily fixable with paint and paint brush. I also noticed then, that the wood lip in front of the laundry closet was damaged enough that we would have to either replace it, or spend an hour hand-sanding the damage down and repaint it. Furthermore, I found a two-inch-by-one-inch hole on the tiled floor of the laundry closet. The tile inside the hole was pulverized to mostly dust, and that piece of tile will need to be replaced completely. I have photo and video evidence taken 2 weeks ago when we moved into the condo, to show that there was no hole on the laundry closet floor.
20) On the Home Depot website regarding online purchases, it states that, "A refund will be issued to the original credit card within 5-7 business days of receiving the returned item at our warehouse. Credit can be given in the form of a The Home Depot Gift Card upon request. Please call 1-800-430-3376 to request a credit via gift card." I wanted to make sure that a refund is being processed, so that on August 6, 2009, 5:09 AM, I called 800-430-3376, spoke to Jayden, at 5:13 AM. Jayden called Ladera Heights #1061 and spoke to the manager Alex, and we were informed that the store was still closed at that time and will open at 6 AM. Once the store opens, Alex will let the store clerk know to refund the money, as it should have been refunded by now.
21) On August 7 I called 800-430-3376 at 2:55 PM (it actually got through in 2 minutes this time). Renita answered the phone. She said the credit will go to the card, and it takes 3 to 5 business days. I told her, but we returned the washer/dryer almost a week ago and Alex said yesterday that he would get somebody to do the refund yesterday morning. She said understands but we only spoke to Alex yesterday, and it takes 3 to 5 business days to go through. This does not even make sense to me, because if I had not called yesterday to inquire, then there is no time frame? But I felt I would not able to get anything else out of Renita, therefore I just asked her, “So 5 business days at the most?” She said yes 5 business days at the most. I asked, so that would make it next Thursday at the latest? She said yes. She said she will put the order in for refund again and she asked for my credit card number and security code and expiration date. I asked her how much is the refund? She asked if I returned everything to the store, and I said yes. She said then it will be full refund. I asked her if I need to go to the store for refund or just wait at home, and she said I could go to the store if I want. I asked her if I would get the refund faster if I go to the store, she said I might. I asked her if somebody could call me when they have completed the refund, she said the store will call.
22) August 8, Saturday, I arrived at the Ladera Heights Home Depot store at 7 AM. I brought along three items that I found that Anthony and Nick forgot to take with them last Saturday: dryer vent pipe, dryer rack, and two steel plates that I do not know if they belong to the washer/dryer or not, but they were next to the washer tag (which I also brought along). I entered the store told the cashier that I am there for a refund on a special order refund, and she directed me to the "Returns/Services" counter. I saw a female associate doing a refund at the Returns aisle, and I was standing at the "Services" counter. After she finished, I do not think she saw me, because she walked to the paint counter across the aisle and stood there. So I approached her and told her that I am here for special orders refund, and she said she would try to help me. She got on the computer at the "Services" desk (and I sat down on the chair in front of it) and I gave her the print-out that Oonarissa emailed one week ago. After the female associate saw my case file, she said she is going to call the manager, because she did not want to give me the wrong information. She then paged Norma on the phone. We waited a couple minutes and she paged Norma again, this time, somebody called her back and she told me that the manager is coming. While waiting for Norma, I showed the female associate the three washer/dryer parts and the tag that I brought along. Norma came within 60 seconds and told the female associate to just do a refund. I gave my credit card to the female associate, and while she was in the "Returns" aisle working on the credit card machine, Norma asked me what is wrong with the washer. I told her that during the spin cycle, first it shook violently. I was going to tell her that, then the installer came and the machine would not even spin. But Norma interrupted me and asked me if I had a service call done on it, and I told her no, because we just wanted a return and refund. She insisted that I should have gotten a service call first before returning it. She asked me if I had scheduled a service call for August 6, and I said yes, but I canceled it, since I no longer had the machines by the 6th, because I returned them last Saturday. Norma said she knows. She then went to join the female associate at the Returns aisle. While there, the female associate asked Norma if I am getting the washer/dryer again, and Norma asked me. I told her "Not with you guys". They returned to the "Services" desk together about 30 seconds later. The female associate handed me a credit card receipt that showed refund of full amount and asked Norma what this is about, and Norma told her it is about the washer and dryer in the back, and that she does not know what to do with them now. Norma again insisted that I should have had a service call done. I told her that but the installer came and recommended replacement. She asked if he wrote up a report about it, and I said no, but that he said he would have his company call Home Depot. Norma said he is lying. I asked her, "So the installer company never called you guys?", and Norma said "No." I left the bag of washer/dryer parts on the desk, thanked the women and left the store. The entire visit lasted about 10 minutes.
I spent literally over 10 hours calling and talking to Home Depot in the last two weeks, trying to resolve this matter. About one-half of the time was spent waiting on the phone for somebody to answer, this does not even include the time we were put on hold after being connected to a representative, and I find this to be troubling. In addition, I feel that the managers at the Ladera Heights store do not follow-up on their promises (over the phone about giving me a refund) and lied to the corporate office (about their calling me to pick-up of the washer dryer). Furthermore, even though most of the employees at the corporate office did try to help us, they were unable to enforce the decisions and agreements they have made with us, as the corporate office informed us that once a sale is made, the money is paid to the nearest Home Depot store, thus they have no control over those matters. I used to see Home Depot as my number one choice for home improvement products and have spent several hundred dollars at the Home Depot stores over the past five years alone, while we were living in rental apartments. But this ordeal has made us feel that we cannot trust Home Depot anymore, especially when it comes to helping us take care of our newly purchased condo.
I sent an email to various Home Depot customer care addresses on the afternoon of Tuesday, August 11, and on Wednesday, August 12, I received 4 separate phone calls from various Home Depot employees.
1) Maria called at 8:30 AM. She said she's calling from Online Customer Care in response to my email. She said the email has reached their corporate division, that they have read the email in full detail, and said the time it took for repair and bad experience for pick-up was unusual, and she offered us $200 gift card to keep us as loyal customers. I declined the offer.
2) Cynthia from Ladera Heights store called at 9:30 AM. She said she received forwarded email from Lisa. She explained that she is no longer the manager and they are in transition and thus why the mess. She offered to fix or send us a check to repair the tile, I declined the offer.
3) Lisa from the Atlanta office called at 1:20 PM and said that she did call the store immediately after speaking to us and that the reason she didn't return our previously was because the store manager told her that they would call us regarding pick-up. She said usually they would pick up and replace, if the customer says there's something wrong within 24 hours of delivery, which I had done in this case. She apologized profusely and said that what happened was not normal and is not acceptable. I thanked her for calling.
4) At 4 PM, an employee from Ladera Heights called and said the manager's note said that they damaged the floor when they came to pick up the washer/dryer. I told her, we don't know if the damage was caused by the pick-up, that it could have caused by the installer, the machine shaking violently, or pick-up. She offered $100 gift card and asked me if I could go to the store to pick it up. I told her not interested.
At 11:12 AM on August 14, Friday, I received a phone call from Mike, who said he is the manager at Online Customer Care, he apologized for what happened and said they will definitely work on the wait time on the phone system and also getting store cooperation.
Was this review helpful?YesNo
Read 5 RepliesAdd reply
User Replies: Close commentsAdd reply
Home Depot should be shut down
Posted by Boredoms on
Starting by the end, I will never buy anything there again.
I ordered a dishwasher, and it was scheduled to be delivered 2 weeks later. They never called me to ask for a good day for this-just called and said they would deliver on a Tuesday. Because no one else on this world works, they must think everyone should be home so they can do stuff whenever they want? I called back, held the flaming and rescheduled to Saturday, explaining I cal only be home at 5:30-6pm, too late for them. It would be between 11am-5pm. Nice, got to be stuck waiting for them to show up whenever they want. They never called, and at 5:30, I called to find out what was going on. They were not delivering that day because of some b******, and I couldn't get a reschedule right away, it would have to be checked for availability. Got a call Monday, deliver would be Wednesday AM. Again no one else works besides them, and its all fine to make the CUSTOMER stay home waiting for whatever. I called and rescheduled for Saturday. Couldn't be done, this time was not their fault, a blizzard made it impossible. I was told that new delivery would have to be checked for availability. OMG they are soooo busy to satisfy their customers!!!!! Wednesday would be the day and most certainly the final attempt, its been a MONTH since I ordered the d*** machine and was absolutely sick and tired of all this ridiculous situation.
They finally showed up Wednesday at 11 AM, but unfortunately I was not home. Such lack of interest and respect, they dropped it off and said they could not install it because there was a "problem with the water valve" and it would have to be checked by a plumber, they couldn't do it. I assure there is ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM with the valve.
What am I going to think of this? Its absolutely absurd. Its hard to believe how bad this has been, not because I really need the dishwasher so urgently, but because I've been so neglected and disrespected on this matter. I'm no brute, I'm polite and I've been trying to be through all of this. But no more.
I got home, the guys were just leaving. I though that was fast, I had left 30 Min's ago, till I got inside and saw the box sitting on my living room. My wife explained the situation above, valve problem and abort mission, and I boiled. I grabbed the phone to call them-my wife held me back and said she would take care of it. Answering machine. While she was leaving a message, because THERE WAS NO ONE TO PICK UP THE d*** phone, I made sure I flamed and cursed as best as I could and that the would hear it. Honestly, I think its enough of this b******, I didn't get my appliance from some underground bogus store, or did I? I got a call back a couple minutes later, and I was told they would send someone here right away. Maybe the cursing and flaming had some effect, and that I will finally get this done. I'll wait, but if they fail me again, this is not going to be the end of it.
Again, I will never buy anything there again, and if they tell you there will be some delay while you wait for something, my advice is for you to be tough and make them see that WE ARE THE CUSTOMERS, and that we paid for it. No customers, no business, and someone will learn a lesson.
Was this review helpful?YesNo
Read 14 RepliesAdd reply
User Replies: Close commentsAdd reply
Where Is My Fridge and How Many Did I Order?
Posted by Janet on
ON LINE SALE, PENNSYLVANIA -- I ordered a fridge on line from Home Depot. It was to be delivered on a Tuesday morning, they said the deliveryman would call me at my work number 30 minutes before arriving at my home. The call never came, I went home for lunch and a card was on my door saying they had been there and no one was home. I called the number on the card and was told they couldn't come back until the next Tuesday and they would call me at work this time. I wait another week with my food rotting in my old fridge. They called and they came but couldn't hook up the water because Home Depot doesn't like copper pipes. O.K., I can hook it up myself. The delivery men were very nice. I went with Home Depot instead of Lowe's to save $100.00 because of an advertised sale. Lowe's would have delivered and installed it the next day. So I get my Visa bill and I am billed for two identical refrigerators from Home Depot. I only have one, that I hooked up myself. I called Home Depot and they told me they had to check to make sure what happened to the second refrigerator. ??? She called back and said they found it in their warehouse, the second frig would be removed from my bill by Friday. I check my account on Friday, still 2 refrigerators. I call my Visa Company, they say to wait 15 days and let them know if it has been removed, they say that they will remove any interest they may have charge me if I call again after Home Depot removes the 2nd fridge from my account.
Each time, and there have been several, I call Home Depot or my Visa Company, I must navigate through all the automatic answering systems pushing various numbers until I manage to get a representative. It appears that my time is of no value to Home Depot. I had planned to remodel my kitchen because I found cabinets I like at "Home Depot", I am no longer sure I would be able to live through the experience. I'll go see what Lowe's has.
Was this review helpful?YesNo
Read 1 RepliesAdd reply
User Replies: Close commentsAdd reply
Posted by Teri on
EASLEY, SOUTH CAROLINA -- In Oct, 2012 my LG washer would not spin the water out of the clothes, constantly spun it to the floor and made a grinding noise. I had complained to the warranty company ASSURANT and had "repairs" done for nearly a year, to no avail. A&E repair service was always the one to come out. I have nothing good to say about A&E. they said I put in too much soap, etc. It was always me. I tried to comply with their 5 minute assessment of my problem; however the LG washer NEVER WORKED CORRECTLY. When I pulled the washer out for repairs in Oct. I realized a 4'x6' of my floor had caved in. A&E said that the drum bearing was bad and MAYBE that was why the washer leaked on my floor! YA THINK?
Seven appointments, seven days off work, four last minute cancellations, three actual visits, over $1400 in "repairs", six weeks later and the thing still did not work. A&E closed my order saying it was complete and it STILL DID NOT SPIN AT ALL! Assurant could not help me, A&E was not helpful and I was spending $35.00 a week at the laundromat. I went to Home Depot, where I purchased it, and spoke to the store manager (CHARLES D. HILLIARD). Home Depot you better keep this man he is wonderful! He verified my tale of woe and did something unbelievable! He gave me store credit for the original purchase and paid for another five year warranty. I was floored but will always be a Home Depot customer. It still took several weeks to get my new washer and I still had to pay out of pocket $70 for the washer but I was happy! It took a week and a half to order one and it was so badly damaged it had to be re-ordered. It is the end of Dec. 2012 and I am washing clothes at home again. Thank you goes to Charles Hilliard of Home Depot in Easley, SC. BY THE WAY THESE WEBSITES WORK, I went on pissed consumer and Assurant saw my complaint and paid for my floor repair. I was still out the money for 8 weeks of laundromat at $35.00 a week but Assurant really did their best to make up for not listening to me for months. A&E STILL HAS DONE NOTHING AND I THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE TAKEN CARE OF EVERYTHING! Thank you to Patrice Eastman at Assurant.
Was this review helpful?YesNo
Horrible Customer Service
Posted by Wai on
As far as appliances go, Home Depot is basically just a 3rd party contractor. They don't actually carry most of the products you purchase and they don't do any of the installation.
I purchased a washer / dryer through Home Depot. Paid extra for the installation. I believe it was $19.
Temco came to install the washer and dryer. However, the dryer was damaged and sent back to the manufacturer. This visit was rather pleasant even after the shortcoming with the damaged dryer. They installed the washer, were very friendly and answered all my question. They actually took their time and did everything right.
The 2nd visit however was horrible. 2 different guys came to install the dryer. They were in a rush. They installed the dryer even though it did not properly fit the base it was sitting on. There was a chance the dryer could tip over since the base was about 1" short. Meaning the 2 front pegs the dryer was on, was sticking out 1cm off the edge!
They told me get some 2x4 to balance it out and left. Wow...
I didn't have any 2x4 but I did have a nice piece of wood that would cover the base and extend the footprint by about 2 inches. So I had to remove the dryer, place the piece of wood on the base, and then place the dryer on top of the wood.
While moving the dryer, the entire duct fell off. They didn't even screw it on tight. So instead of venting outside, a good amount would have vented into the garage.
I also manage to get my fingers bloodied up because of the way they cut the vent. I basically had to clean up their work and put some duct tape around the edges of the duct to finish it off after adjusting the clamps on both sides of the duct.
Everything seems to be working fine but I still believe the duct isn't 100% venting the dryer to the outside.
Also, there are some leftover parts from the installation. I guess some of the parts didn't fit to they just left it out. It's basically a piece of fitting that connects the duct to the outside vent.
Was this review helpful?YesNo
Read 4 RepliesAdd reply
User Replies: Close commentsAdd reply
Home Depot's Delivery Company
Posted by Greg on
ROSEVILLE, MICHIGAN -- My complaint lies with Home Depot's contracted delivery service. The drivers on the first delivery were alright. The Maytag washer we purchased did not work, kept filling Hot Water, would not stop. I can understand that sometimes this sort of thing will happen, Really I do. My complaint lies with the service and how they can't get their story straight.The drivers left the washer and a re-delivery of a working washer was scheduled in 2 days. I was told I would be called ahead. No call. I did not become immediately concerned as the original drivers called twenty minutes ahead from the stop and I had not received the 4 hour window call that I was told I would get, so I figured this would be the same thing.
Later into the afternoon I called. I was told they did not have my phone number to call me (it was given) so they came and sat outside the house for twenty minutes. I, since I was stuck home all day for the second time was outside all day (it was very warm) re-doing my front yard raised flower bed. When I told the lady this on the phone, the story was that they "tagged" my door after twenty minutes and left.(again, impossible as I was out front all day). I asked why they did would they have not simply knocked on the door if they were sitting there that long, was told they don't do that. What??? They will sit outside a home, and eventually "tag" the door but won't knock on it? I expressed my feelings of disbelief of that statement, it just does not make sense.
Why would they not call their dispatch to check and see if they got the right phone? When I restated that I was out front all day anyway and it was impossible that they were parked out front for twenty minutes, the story changed that they must have had the wrong address. What??? Are these people third graders earning a few bucks for a field trip or what? They certainly have a problem with their stories.
Now I am told I have to wait 3 more days for a delivery. That's 3 wasted days stuck home all day. Terrific! Home Depot... Better ditch these folks, they don't care about your operation and certainly not your customers. You are the one who will be losing business. I am sure I am not the only one with this problem. Funny thing, Home Depot will spend miliions on advertising, price match anyone in town, have extremely competent employees, as well as management just to get me into the store but will allow the ball to be dropped at the one yard line by their incompetent delivery contractors. I for one will not buy from Home Depot again. Hello Lowes, I need more appliances among many other home related products.
Resolution Update 03/22/2012: No where left to go with this, they brought out a new washer, thats all I wanted.